Dear Fellow Hijab Sisters.

What u really shouldn’t wear with hijabs on!

There’s no restriction on being fashionable in Islam. In fact, Allah is beautiful and He loves beauty. So, after quite a while of going through blogs of muslim sisters that just love fashions, I came to a conclusion that none of them really shouldn’t be called fashionable hijabees (spelled right?) or fashionable muslims or whatsoever they call themselves. First and foremost, I am sorry if this post might actually hurt some of you sisters with high passion in fashion (rhymes, yeah!). And I may not be in a position to talk about perfect muslimah wear, because I myself not really perfect in covering my aurah, yes I admit that. But I’m writing this so we sisters could improve ourselves.

So, yes, wearing hijab has never been an issue for some hijabees (I still don’t know how to spell it!) to express themselves through fashion. I’ve seen lots of them, and boy do they rock the hijabs world! But seriously, hijab is not ONLY about covering your hair or for some cases, your skin! So, what is aurah/aurat? Well, from my understanding, aurah for woman is every part of her body except her face and her hands.

Saidatina Aisyah r.a narrated that her sister Asma' binti Abu Bakar entered the house of the Prophet s.a.w wearing attire made of transparent material that showed her skin. The Prophet s.a.w turned away from her and said:
"Hai Asma'! Verily when a woman has achieved puberty, she should not reveal her body except for this and this - showing the face and the palms." (Narrated by Abu Daud)

But how clear are you about covering every part of the body? Does tight fitting shirt covers the body? And does legging covers the leg? No honey bunny. It does not! And even if it does, it is called wrapping your body. You might as well just paint your body and ready to go out because from this, aurah for you is about the skin. And in Islam, the ‘covering’ basically means make it invisible, make it unnoticed. So obviously, by wearing tight clothes, people will can clearly see your luscious body shape!

Move on! Okay, now I’m gonna put my opinion on the upper part of the body aurah. I’ve seen like millions of wear-your-hijab-with-style videos, but none of wear-your-hijab-right! So basically, most of them unaware/didn’t know/don’t care that when you wear your hijab, you should wear it properly and by properly means everything covered, INCLUDING neck, ears and yes, chest! What do I mean by covering my chest since I already have my clothes on? Simply by using your overflowing hijab to cover your chest area.  So, the free-flowing, hanging hijab is kinda the in style right now. I personally adore very one of it. They look very comfortable and say, chic. But some of them by mean of hanging hijab is equal to hanging aurah. Yes, we can see your neck, your ears and your only-covered-by-clothes chest.  So what did you actually cover there? Oh yes, your hair, I got you (one-eye wink).


Okay, here’s the last quick one. The infamous hair bun! When you are wearing hijab ladies, don’t show the indication of your hair is long or whatsoever. so tying your hair up high or make it into a bun is like saying ‘See people, I have a long hair but since I’m wearing hijab and you cannot see it but I just want you to know that my hair is long, so I do it like this. Now you know, right!’. So this hair bun thingy is probably for those with short hair, no? Whatever. But read this:

Abu Hurairah (RA) narrated that Prophet Muhammad  said, “There are two types among the people of Hell whom I have not yet seen. The first are people who have whips like the tails of oxen, with which they beat people, and the second are women who are naked in spite of being dressed; they will be led astray and will lead others astray, and their heads will look like camels humps. These women will not enter Paradise; they will not even experience the faintest scent of it, even though the fragrance of Paradise can be perceived from such a great distance.”

Here are some examples of wrong hijab apparel/wear/clothing whatsoever.

*click image for bigger picture :)*



Sometimes, we don’t even look at the small things like showing a little bit of arms or not wearing socks or wearing see through hijab. Being a famous muslim fashion blogger, obviously you are the model for your readers. People look up to you, and they follow you. So you might as well show them the right thing, aight?

So what I’m tryna say is get your mind straight beautiful sisters, please ohh please fix, please redress, please put the right definition to hijab. 

You don't wanna be like this, believe me.

So, don't got me wrong people. I didn't intend to give offense to some of you being fashionable and all, you have every right to wear anything you like, I'm just pointing what I think is right. 

p/s : I drew all the pictures, you can comment on 'em. Heeeee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment