We had to do this essay on LOVE. So, we were given two pictures, the Robert Indiana LOVE sculpture and Auguste Rodin “The Kiss” sculpture, and was told to write an essay comparing and contrasting both picture. I never thought I can write anything about love. And here it is:
*I purposely make the font very light coloured, I only need you to read the highlighted ones. But if you are so boring, then go on and waste your time reading. haha :D
Simply…love
What do you think about love? When I was in high school, I had always thought love is all about having a crush with an opposite sex. When you see someone that catches your eyes at first sight and your heart skips a beat every time that special person talks to you or smiles at you. You would think about it the whole time. Now that I have grown up, I learned that love is not only having a crush, but love is also about giving safety to your family and showing care to your friends. For me, love is everything.
Love is for he, she and it! Auguste Rodin “The Kiss” sculpture shows the love between human beings. So, it might be the love between family, lovers or friends. While Robert Indiana LOVE sculpture expresses love for everything. This love might have been the love for the country, or love for your properties, or even love for your pets. As whole, this two different loves still convey the same and warm feeling of deep affection between living or non-living things.
Love can come in any ways. Through words, people express their love by saying things that give the message of love. With a simple “I Love You” text, or posting up “Happy Birthday” on their wall on Facebook, or buzz them on Messenger would probably make one feel delighted. As action speaks louder than words, Auguste Rodin “The Kiss” expresses this by showing the two people making love. Buying presents for friends, a mother cooks delicious meal for the family, and boyfriend give flowers to the girlfriend on Valentine’s Day can be some of the examples of love shown through actions. However, as to any ways of showing the love they have, the other side would always know that there is someone who always care for them.
Love can be felt anytime. “The Kiss” showed that love could be felt when the two kiss. So, whenever the two people in love are kissing or making out, they can feel the love at that time. On the other hand, Robert Indiana LOVE gives a perfect message that love can be given anytime, even in the middle of the city. So, even though both side are not together, face to face, the love can still be there. Maybe you can feel the love just by looking at the picture on your desk, when you’re on a long late night call, or when listening to ‘our song’. These proved that the attention given makes love can be felt at any time.
Love is for everyone, in any ways, at any time. Though some love can’t be seen, but at some point, it will goes to the heart. Love is spending time together, love is talking to cats, love is giving names to your cars, and love is staying up all night for a sick child. Love is simply…everything.
Ignore others, notice the highlighted words? Does that even legal? Stupid me, I just realized how wrong it was after I submitted the essay.
And a week later, another essay need to be worked out. This time it’s about ‘My Dream’ and I t has to be about something that can help change the world/ your country. I was like WHATTTT? And I could hardly think if I ever had one about what my dream really is. And since the lecturer only gave us like briefly 30 minutes to come up with one, I was struggling like crazy to think of one. I can’t believe I could be a person without future dream. How sad. For the last 2 minutes left, I came up with an absolutely out of my 20-possible-future-dreams list, which is a volunteered teacher. Oh my, I shocked myself! No need to read the whole thing, just focus on my missions, people!
My Dream
I used to have a very clever friend. She is the oldest among 5 siblings, with her mother as a cooker at a small restaurant and father as a fisherman. Despite her poor background, she worked really hard in her studies and always managed to get on top of the class. However, a few years later, I found out that she quitted school and went to help her mother. Later, I learned that, there are actually a lot more people facing the same problem. They could not continue study because of money problem. From then, I had chosen my dream as to be a volunteered teacher, in order to let everyone receive suitable education.
The main reason for my dream is to lessen the number of children who could not read and write. There are so many children, especially in the rural area, who did not receive proper education on even the simplest things, like reading and writing. In order to help them, maybe I can get some help from other volunteered and friends to do some small classes for the children. As the kids could see that there are people out there who care for them, I am sure they will be very interested in learning some new things. From this little help, at least there will be fewer kids who know nothing. This could be their first step for the future.
Secondly, I would like to help poor students who could not continue their studies due to money problem. After studying very hard, some of these students have to sacrifice their big dream. As money is the main problem, things like free education, loan, and scholarships would be the best gift for them. There sure are scholarships for the excellent students nowadays, but I think they should focus more on the needy. So, what I would do is collect donations and also help them to get scholarships and loans. For instance, setting up charity sales to add to the donations, try to apply each of them for scholarships, and loans as well. Later on, when they have this golden opportunity to continue reaching for their dreams, I am sure they will be delighted and will study ever harder in the future, so that they will not waste their only chance.
Finally, I want people to acknowledge the importance of education. In this case, a special campaign should be held together with some exciting activities to help us in delivering the message. Everyone can dream big, but no one knows if it will come true. The campaign would help everyone in shaping his or her future self. Following this, the society should be exposed to the issue of money problems in furthering studies. They should be aware that there are other people who are not capable of getting the opportunity to learn. So, these people who gets the perfect education should be thankful and appreciate every bits of knowledge they were given.
In conclusion, my dream of being a volunteered teacher is important because it will help our country to increase the number of educational people. I believe that by taking concern on this issue, people would be more aware for the society in the future and the importance of education. Thus, there would be less number of populations who gets an incomplete education.
I am touched by myself!
making out?? omaigod i can sue you for using vulgar words online and made me read it!
ReplyDeletehuiyoooooo ayat takleh blah!! xD
ReplyDelete